This training is designed for staff working in areas where the assistance and movement of people is an essential part of their role. Essential training for people who work in the care sector and medical professions to ensure they understand the importance of carrying out their role safely.
8 Hours duration
THIS COURSE CAN BE TAILORED TO SPECIFIC INDIVIDUAL REQUIREMENTS CONTACT US FOR FURTHER DETAILS
- What is moving and handling?
- Legislation and Statistics:
- Factors relevant to Moving a client
- Risk assessments:-
- Dignity issues and personal handling plans
- Common unsafe moving and lifting techniques:
- Practical with and without use of equipment (as appropriate)
- Lone working and team working techniques
- Practical application
This course is based on continual assessment a multiple choice question paper and final practical assessments
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a Level 2 certification