This training is designed for staff working in areas where the assistance and movement of people is an essential part of their role. Essential training for people who work in the care sector and medical professions to ensure they understand the importance of carrying out their role safely.
6 -12 Hours duration dependant on requirements
(DELEGATES SHOULD HAVE A MANUAL HANDLING CERTIFICATION)
- What is manual handling?
- Legislation and Statistics:
- Risk assessments:-
- Factors relevant to Moving a client
- Common unsafe moving and lifting techniques:
- Moving a seated client forward and back
- Assisting a client to stand, turn. walk
- Moving a client whilst in bed
- Correct use of equipment (if appropriate)
This course is based on continual assessment a multiple choice question paper and final practical assessments
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a certification of attendance
This course is a Level 2 accredited through an awarding body