This course offers a basic introduction to First Aid for people who work with children, it is aimed at giving attendees the confidence to tackle a wide range of emergency situations without being confused by convoluted methods and technical jargon. Offering a recognised work base qualification which conforms to the OFSTED recommended syllabus for those not requiring the full 2 Day Paediatric First Aid.
Course Duration:1 Day – 6 Hour course
- Aims and objectives of First Aid
- Action at an emergency
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Management of a non-breathing casualty
- Use of an A.E.D.
- Management of a choking casualty
- Treatment of a casualty who is bleeding
- Treatment of a casualty with Burns
- Treatment of infantile convulsions / seizures
- Open forum on requested topics
- Contents of First Aid Kits
- Basic record keeping
This course is based on continual assessment and workbook completion
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate of attendance, valid for three years
This course is ideal to be run for parent and toddler groups
Not sure if this course is for you, then download our free employers guide or call us on 0800 038 5399 or complete our quick contact form with any questions or visit our frequently asked questions page.