This course offers a basic introduction to First Aid for foster carers not requiring a work based OFSTED 12 hour certification. It is aimed at giving attendees the confidence to tackle basic emergency situations and has been developed to fit in with child care arrangements and their time constraints.
Course Duration: 4 Hour course
- Managing an emergency
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Management of a non-breathing casualty
- Management of a choking casualty
- Treatment of a casualty who is bleeding
- Open forum on requested topics
- Contents of First Aid Kits
- Basic record keeping
This course is based on continual assessment
On completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate of attendance valid for three years
Not sure if this course is for you, then download our free employers guide or call us on 0845 634 4168 or complete our quick contact form with any questions or visit our frequently asked questions page.