This training is designed for all staff working in areas where conflict can become an issue, from front line emergency services, security services, bar staff, reception staff, service providers, lone workers, benefits offices. In fact more and more companies are protecting themselves and their employees by delivering this training.
Training focusses on proactive service delivery and recognising escalating situations giving calming and defusing techniques. The courses are tailored to client’s specific needs where practical.
Course Duration: 6 Hours duration
- Understanding work place violence
- Health & Safety Legislation &responsibilities
- Risk assessments
- Recognising causes of conflict, self-awareness
- Recognising expectations of others and common flashpoints:
- Effective communication skills and recognising blocks
- Skills to signal non-aggression
- De-escalation and Calming techniques
- Understanding the legal position & use of force
- Post incident considerations reporting, recording and supporting
This course is based on continual assessment.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.